- Writing Support Center in the Academic Assistance and Tutoring Centers (AATC)
Ariel started at UC Davis as a graduate student in 2008. After earning her M.A. and PhD in linguistics, she started working as a writing specialist in the AATC. As someone who didn’t particularly enjoy college writing or feel confident in it, she has since published multiple academic articles. She is eager to help other writers feel confident and competent with their writing.
Ariel has been offering drop-in writing support in the Native Nest since 2017, and also facilitates a student book group that meets once a quarter: https://aggielife.ucdavis.edu/organization/bookgroup
Get help at any stage of the writing process:
- Understanding the prompt and generating ideas
- Developing, connecting and organizing ideas/arguments
- Identifying grammar error patterns and learning the rules to remedy them
- Learning how to edit sentences to make them more concise
- AATC Writing Specialist Ariel Loring is holding hybrid drop-in writing support for Native Nest students every Thursday from 3:00-4:00 p.m. You can choose to attend in-person in the Native Nest or virtually on Zoom. The Zoom link is https://ucdavis.zoom.us/j/98864303944. If you’re doing any writing this quarter, either for your classes or if you’re applying for a scholarship or graduate school, I’d love to work with you. You don’t need to bring a finished draft to meet with me— I’m here to help support you at whatever stage you are at, even if you haven’t started writing yet. If you meet with me, I’ll ask what you want to go over and we’ll have a conversation about it. If I have feedback, I’ll phrase it as suggestions, but you are the writer and you make whatever choices you want based on that feedback.
- If you need grammar support, please also visit the Aggie Grammar Guide: https://tutoring.ucdavis.edu/agg
- The AATC also offers academic support in other subjects: https://tutoring.ucdavis.edu/
Learn more about the services Ariel can provide: