Director of Strategic NA Retention Initiative
The Director for The Native Nest, Michelle Villegas-Frazier, supports students in many capacities, including professionally. Through her experiences and connections the Director provides students with the appropriate professional advice to establish or advance their professionalism. You can schedule time to meet with her or send her an email.
At The Native Nest, NAASSC students can meet with ICC specialist, Lynn Fowler to enhance their knowledge and receive the necessary encouragement and support to discuss topics relating to career, internship, and employment options. You can schedule a virtual appointment with Lynn Fowler at email@example.com to connect. She is also available to meet virtually or in-person in The Native Nest every Thursday from 1:00-2:00 pm. Her virtual Zoom room is https://ucdavis.zoom.us/j/96320761390; meeting ID: 963 2076 1390.
Part of her role is to let you know about upcoming career events that might be of interest. We have several career fairs (virtual for fall and winter) coming up- a great place to connect with employers to see what they are all about.
For Spring Quarter, the ICC is providing services in a virtual format and once in-person campus services have resumed. You can still find a job, internship or career position! Check their website for regular updates. Here are some quick links to their services:
- Need a part-time or temporary job right now? Check our “Quick hire” list. These are local/regional opportunities in which hiring is taking place quickly to provide essential services (biotech, logistics, health care services, child care, etc.) during the national health crisis. We are updating as we hear of more opportunities.
- Schedule phone and video advising appointments via Handshake! We are now offering late afternoon and evening appointments.
- Interviewing can be stressful already – and now interviews are being conducted in an on-line format. Yikes! Here’s a short video our team created this week to help you “Ace the On-line Interview”! You got this!
- ICC Workshops will be offered throughout the year.
- Companies are still recruiting! Search jobs and internships via Handshake.
- Stay up-to-date by visiting our website. We are adding content and resources regularly to meet student’s needs.
The UC Davis Internship and Career Center conducted informational interviews with alumni. Hear from our Class of 2019 alumnus, Jacob Wilson (Laguna Pueblo):
Graduate Student Advising
NAS Graduate students provide insight of what to expect in an NAS graduate program. Including the ins and out of the application process, allowing students to gain clarity for a deeper understanding within NAS Master and PHD programs. You can schedule time to meet with Director, Michelle Villegas-Frazier or send her an email.